"Depression is such a cruel punishment. There are no fevers, no rashes, no blood tests to send people scurrying in concern. Just the slow erosion of the self, as insidious as any cancer. And, like cancer, it is essentially a solitary experience. A room in hell with only your name on the door."
What if there are actually multiple souls in your body but you’re the most powerful one so you have control over your body and the voices you hear in your head are just the weaker souls talking to you.
and maybe people with schizophrenia don’t have an assertive soul so all of the souls are fighting to take over
both of you write a book together
part of me loves albinistic!cecil headcanons and art because yay representation!
and the rest of me cringes and hisses at the screen because /none of you fuckers know that albinism is a disability and affects more than just white people/
albinism 101 from your friendly neighborhood “albino”:
1) don’t use the word “albino” if you don’t have albinism. just don’t. you look like a douche. use “albinistic” or “has albinism.”
2) there are three types of albinism - ocular, which affects the eyes; oculocutaneous, which affects eyes, hair, and akin; cutaneous, which affects only the hair and skin. !!!!!!!CUTANEOUS ALBINISM IS EXTREMELY RARE AND THERE HAVE ONLY BEEN A VERY SMALL HANDFUL OF CASES OF IT AND NOT MUCH RESEARCH DONE SO DON’T USE THIS ONE UNLESS YOU’VE RRAD EVERY SCHOLARLY JOURNAL ON IT!!!!!!!!
3) most people with albinism have BLUE eyes. SOME have violet, and VERY FEW have red. BLUE IS A COLOR. VIOLET AND RED ARE THE RESULT OF AN EXTREME LACK OF PIGMENTATION. THE CLOSER TO RED THE EYES ARE, THE WORSE THEIR VISION WILL BE.
4) ALBINISM COMES WITH VISION PROBLEMS AND IF YOU DON’T INCLUDE THEM YOU’RE A FETISHIZING DICK THAT REFUSES TO UNDERSTAND THAT ALBINISM IS A DISABILITY, NOT A FASHION STATEMENT. these vision problems include: poor visual acuity with the average being in the 20/200 range, photophobia (sensitivity to light), lack of depth perception, nystagmus (eyes involuntarily shaking from side to side), and inability to see detail from a distance. there are very helpful youtube videos on this subject that elaborate on this.
5) CECIL WOULD HAVE TO BE COVERED MOST OF THE TIME DUE TO THE MASSIVE AMOUNT OF SUNLIGHT IN THE DESERT. there are clothing manufacturers that make “sun clothes” specifically for people with albinism that are meant to protect the skin but not lead to overheating. they have online stores where you can view the clothing available.
that’s basically the long and short of it and if anyone has any questions they can ask me.
remember: albinism is a disability, not a fashion statement.
After reblogging twergo’s lovely fanart we want to include some information for everybody about albinism. Neither of the mods are albinistic. Where fashion, self-expression, and disability intersect, we want to learn and be respectful.—mod J
"we’re all human!"
yeah except you never had to fight for your humanity
"we all bleed red!"
yeah except it’s not your blood running in the streets
"we should all be just nice to each other!"
yeah except you’re not holding up your end of the bargain
i cant believe im hesitating making this post but
if someone has a comfort object, like a blanket or a stuffed animal or anythign that they have to sleep with in order to make them feel secure or positive, don’t fucking make fun of them. i don’t care where it is or why you feel that it’s funny or childish, but don’t make fun of them.
The same rule applies to something anyone does to comfort themselves. Sucking their thumb, for example.